- Select Treatment
- Accent Radio Frequency
- Legato Pixel RF
- Acne - Danné or Combination
- Acne Treatment - Laser/IP
- Advanced Cosmetic Procedures
- Anti-aging Treatments
- Beau Visage Skin Analysis
- Body Treatments
- Electro-Magnetic Wave Therapy
- Fine Lines, Wrinkles - Fillers & Botox
- Hair Removal For Downy Hair
- Hair Removal - Electrolysis
- Hair Removal - Laser/IPL
- Treatments for Men
- Skin Rejuvenation - Laser/IPL
- Thread Vein Removal - Laser/IPL
- Treatments For Stress
Alkaline Wash Hair Removal For Downy Hair
Downy hair can be as much a problem as the stronger hair, usually dense on the sides of the face and neck, in some cases can cover most of the face. Laser cannot treat this problem, electrolysis, will take too long. Here at our clinic we have an exclusive treatment specific for downy hair. Large area can be removed in one session after a few treatments the hair grows back finer until there is no need to have any more treatment.
Permanent hair removal With Alkaline Wash may take as long as electrolysis. The advantage over electrolysis is that Alkaline Wash removes large areas of hair at one time as opposed to the tiny areas removed per session via electrolysis. There is no discomfort whatsoever. Men undergoing sexual reassignment and who are on female hormones commonly report permanent loss of hair after repeated Alkaline Wash treatments.
Some of the hair removed will grow back at its normal rate at first. Then, as treatments progress, the re-growth rate will become slower and slower. Hair will not grow back any coarser after Alkaline Wash treatment. Some hair follicles are destroyed after only one treatment. You cannot predict how many treatments are necessary as each client has a different physiology. Alkaline Wash does not stimulate dormant hair follicles as waxing sometimes does. As a general guideline you should expect some kind of reduction after approximately six treatments.
Alkaline Wash is most effective when treating fine downy hair. Although it can be used elsewhere it is particularly suitable for the face and upper lip areas where there is often a dense growth of fine hair. Many patients have a combination of downy hair and strong hair. In some cases the treatment will include Alkaline Wash followed by IPL/Laser treatment to treat all of the unwanted hair.
- The treatment is painless
- Removes large areas of hair in one session
- Normally leads to permanent removal of fine downy hair
- Ideal for people who are not suitable for waxing or electrolysis
- Works well when combined with electrolysis
- Do not sunbathe or use a sun-bed for 14 days
- Do not apply makeup for 12 hours unless it is provided by the Danné practitioner
- Use Danné Seba-E Oil at home twice daily for 5 days
- Use Sunblock continuously following treatment
All Races can be treated adjusting the process for the individual. A patch test and consultation are required. The test has to be for 48 – 72 hours before treatment can be applied. The treatment not only removes the fine velous hair but also acts as an exfoliate which will leave the skin smooth and refined. Home prescriptive needed.
Our Danne Harley Street Clinic provides alkaline wash throughout London, Berkshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Middlesex and Surrey. Call 020 7291 4449 for more information.